Visit Vlissingen | The Maritime city in Zeeland
What is interesting about Vlissingen ?
Vlissingen is a charming coastal town located in the province of Zeeland in the Netherlands. Vlissingen is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning beaches, a long promenade, historic architecture, and bustling port. If you're planning a visit to Vlissingen and want to experience the best the city has to offer, here are some hotspots to add to your itinerary:
1. Boulevard de Ruyter - This is a beautiful promenade that runs along the beach, offering stunning views of the sea and the passing ships.
2. MuZEEum - This museum showcases the maritime history of the town and the surrounding region, including the stories of famous Dutch explorers.
3. Sint Jacobskerk - This is a historic church that dates back to the 14th century and features stunning Gothic architecture.
4. Windorgel - This is a unique musical installation located on the beach that uses the wind to create beautiful, haunting melodies.
5. Bellamypark - This is a lively square in the heart of Vlissingen that is home to many restaurants and cafes, as well as a statue of Michiel de Ruyter, a famous Dutch admiral.
6. Reptielenzoo Iguana - This is a reptile zoo that houses a wide variety of reptiles, amphibians, and insects from all over the world. Near the center of Vlissingen 500 reptiles, amphibians and insects live in the Iguana Reptile Zoo .
7. Het Dokje van Perry - One of the oldest dry docks in the Netherlands, Het Dokje van Perry is a must-visit for history buffs. It is now a museum that tells the story of the city's shipbuilding heritage.
8. Water Tower Vlissingen -Experience a wonderful stay in the completely restored water tower from 1894. The beach is almost right in front of the Watertoren.
These are just a few of the hotspots in Vlissingen. The town has much more to offer, including beautiful beaches, scenic hiking trails, and a lively nightlife scene.